Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pilates - Change your posture!


"I want to share the secret to getting strong abdominals, a healthy spine and better posture - Pilates!

Over 10 years ago, I had back surgery to repair a disc that had ruptured in my L5/S1 area. My neurologist, at the time, recommended walking and Pilates to strengthen my core. As a hard core fitness instructor/trainer, I had been over training my "front body" for years, but had neglected my back (that part of your body you don't see, and therefore forget about!) Not a good idea.


Anyway, between walking, Pilates and Yoga, I rehabilitated my injury and was back on my feet teaching within 12 weeks of surgery! It was nothing short of a miracle to be moving my body- pain free!


If you would like to see a change in your posture, or are just looking to strengthen and stretch in an intelligent way, come try some Pilates." - Karen Sydenham, Just 4 You Wellness Studio




No comments:

Post a Comment